Golden Son Book Review

Author: Pierce Brown

Genre: Science Fiction

Themes:Rebellion/Revolution; Family; Friendship; Leadership



This is the second book in the Red Rising series, and it was even better than the first book.  That's saying a lot because I absolutely loved the first book, but it took me a while to get into it.  This book hooked me much sooner, but it's probably because I had much of the background knowledge needed to understand what was going on from the first book.

The time frame of the story is a couple of years after the first book finished.  Darrow has been "adopted" essentially by the Arch Governor, and has taken the "Augustus" name.  In this book, Darrow's work for the Son's of Ares really begins.

Some of the same characters introduced in the first book are also in the second book, such as Mustang, Servo, Cassius, Tactus, Fitchner, The Jackal, Harmony, and Evie.

I strongly suggest re reading the first book it's been awhile since reading it.  The reader really needs to remember several key events in the first book to have a good understanding of what is going on in the first book.

I recommend this book for all readers over the age of 15.  It is like the first book when it comes to being written for a mature audience.

I was disappointed after I finished reading it to learn that the third book isn't coming out until January 2016!  I will probably have to reread the first and second books before then to make sure I'm ready to read "Morning Star."  I can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hate you Give

Serafina Series and Willa of the Wood

High Achiever